Union Public Service Commission has Issued UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus 2018-19. Download UPSC CDS I, II Exam Patter CDS II Exam Date 2018 at www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus 2018
Applicants who are going present in UPSC CDS Examination 2018 they are advised to download CDS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2018 from here to cover overall topics which are going to available in Combined Defense Service exam paper. Aspirants should check the below article in order to get full details about the UPSC CDS Syllabus 2018. Candidates can download study material from CDS II examination Union Public Service Commission from the official website of the Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC CDS I II Exam Pattern 2018
Applicants who are interested and want to prepare for UPSC CDS II Examination 2018 they can download UPSC CDS II Subject Wise Exam Pattern from here easily. Candidates are required to download PDF of UPSC CDS I, II Syllabus 2018 for the entire understanding of the examination. Union Public Service Commission had Conducted CDS I exam successfully and now UPST will be held CDS II Examination on 18th November 2018 (Sunday) for CDS I exam passed candidates.
www.upsc.gov.in CDS II Syllabus 2018
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Posts Name||Combined Defense Service|
|Total Vacancies||414 Posts|
|Recruitment Category||Central Government Job|
|Employment Location||All Over India|
|CDS I Examination Date||Conducted Successfully|
|CDS II Exam Date||18th November 2018 (Sunday)|
|UPSC Official Website||www.upsc.gov.in|
To get this job, applicants will have to crack below-provided phases.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Medical Fitness Test etc
UPSC CDS Paper Pattern 2018
CDS Exam Pattern for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
- Union PSC will hold CDS I examinations is a Pen paper-based examination
- There will be three sections in this exam
- For 6 hours, this exam will be held by UPSC.
- This is an Objective Type exam. Each question will have 4 options where only 1 option will be correct.
- There is 1/3 negative marking for the incorrect answer and 1 mark is awarded for each correct option.
|Subjects Available||No of Marks||No of Ques||Exam Duration|
|English Language||100||100 Q||2 Hrs|
|General Knowledge||100||100 Q||2 Hrs|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||100 Q||2 Hrs|
CDS Exam Pattern For to Officers’ Training Academy
- CDS examination will be operated with a pen paper based examination.
- There will be 2 sections for CDS II exam.
- Time limit for this exam will as 4 hours.
- Objective Type Questions will be available in this exam. Each question will have 4 options where only 1 option will be correct.
- Union PSC Combined Defense Services is conducted with 200 questions.
- There is 1/3 negative marking for each incorrect answer and +0.8 mark is awarded for each correct option.
|Subjects Available||No of Marks||No of Ques||Time Limit|
|English Language||100||100 Q||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge||100||100 Q||2 Hours|
UPSC CDS Paper I Syllabus 2018
|UPSC CDS Paper I – English||Fill in the Blanks, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles|
|UPSC CDS Paper I – General Knowledge||Indian Culture, International issues, History of India, Economic problems in India, Geography of India, National news (current), Famous Places in India, Scientific observations, Political Science, Countries, and Capitals, About India and it’s neighboring countries, World organizations|
|UPSC CDS Paper I Elementary Mathematics – Arithmetic||Number System Natural numbers, Integers, Rational, and Real numbers. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions, Unitary method: Time and Distance, Time and Work, Percentages, Simple and Compound interest, profit and loss, Ratio and proportion, variation, Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility. Multiples and factors. Euclidean algorithm.|
|UPSC CDS Paper I – Algebra||Theory of polynomials, Simple factors, Remainder Theorem, Basic Operations, H.C.F., L.C.M, Quadratic equations.|
|UPSC CDS Paper I – Trigonometry||Use of trigonometric tables, Trigonometric identities, Heights, and distances.|
|UPSC CDS Paper I – Geometry||Topics covered in UPSC CDS Syllabus are as follows:|
Parallel lines, Lines, and angles, Planes Theorems, Properties of angles at a point.
|UPSC CDS Paper I – Mensuration||Lateral surface, Surface area, Areas, Volume|
|UPSC CDS Paper I – Statistics||Tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, Collection, Pie charts, Histograms, Bar charts|
UPSC CDS Paper II Syllabus 2018 – 19
|UPSC CDS Paper II – English Language||The question paper will be designed to test the applicants understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.|
|UPSC CDS Paper I – General Knowledge||Topics covered in UPSC CDS Syllabus: General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject, The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.|
UPSC CDS Preparation Books
- CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam (English) by RP DATASON – CDS exam books
- Mathematics for CDS by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations paperback – 2017 By R.S. Aggarwal
- CDS exam books – CDSE Pathfinder by Arihant
- Chapter wise-Section wise Solved Papers CDS exam books by Arihant
- Objective General English (English) 01 Edition Author: R. S. Aggarwal
- Manorama Yearbook 2017 (English) Author: Mathew M
UPSC CDS Exam Date 2018
|CDS II Admit Card Release Date||Available Soon|
|CDS I Examination Date||Organized Successfully|
|CDS II Exam Date||18th November 2018 (SUNDAY)|
|CDS Result Date||Available Soon|